Advanced

Retraction problem or not?

Posted by alfadex 
Retraction problem or not?
June 17, 2014 01:23PM
I am trying to print Eiffel Tower.

And i am stucked to this part

The problem is here

I was almost sure the problem was retraction. Slicer from default retract 1mm and i was thinking it was too much and i disable retraction, but the problem remains ,nothing change.
So, what else could be?
I slice with slicer , heght is 0.2 ,nozzle 0.5,filament 2.6
Re: Retraction problem or not?
June 17, 2014 01:34PM
Depending on my hotend and material my retractions have ranged from 0.2mm to 3.7mm. 3.7mm seemed a bit low at times with PLA on my old Solidoodle hotend.
Also, with such small parts you're going to need a finely, finely tune extruder and hotend. Printing smaller with anything FDM is as difficult as printing larger ABS prints.
Your nozzle is also large for printing small parts. I have a 0.3mm and small parts still aren't perfect.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 18, 2014 06:44AM
mmm i see. What is FDM?

I change the nozzle to 0.35 and retraction to 0.3 ,but the result was disspaointing again. Maybe also there is and slicing problem, because i see material extracted on the air and this piece does not need support.
Eiffel Tower is 615mm total height. I have resize it around 300mm. So , i suppose it could be even more difficult because there are smaller parts. Maybe with pla and 1.75 i would have better relult. No , i am using abs 2.6mm.
I stop trying it maybe mendel 90 is not for such accuracy pieces

June 19, 2014 09:54PM
if you scaled down to 50 % maybe the wall thicknes will be smaller, like you are capable to print
June 20, 2014 08:31AM
Thats just too small for a FDM printer.
FDM = Fused deposition modeling.

This model is more for resin printers beause they can print smaller things MUCH better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login