Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looks like over extruding

Posted by TRoager 
Looks like over extruding
June 18, 2014 02:40AM
Hello Folks

i just started printing with my custom ultimaker and was wondering what would cause my prints to look like this:

[drive.google.com]

maybe over extruding ? too high temp? not leveled bed ?

any suggestions?

- T
Re: Looks like over extruding
June 18, 2014 08:25AM
What material are you printing with?
That actually looks like all three of what you said, so you have a good start on fixing it.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 18, 2014 08:33AM
Sorry for not telling specs.
ABS from reprap World.
Hotend 230 degrees , heatedbed 100 degrees.

I adjusted the flow at now it looks better but fra from good.
June 20, 2014 09:34AM
Im having a hard time calibrating the extruder. It seems like its over extruding but when im calculating Then i get 93mm so im under extruding? :O What the?

And im calibrating with 100mm and my steps are 151.9, and now it tells me to use 202 steps instead, but isnt that just gonna make the extrusion Wiese if its already over extruding?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 09:36AM by TRoager.
June 22, 2014 04:42PM
Have you properly set your Z-axis height and leveled your bed?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login