Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Larger perimters print nice, small parameters all smudged

Posted by wimvh 
Larger perimters print nice, small parameters all smudged
June 23, 2014 02:36PM
Hi, I posted already some items on the forum and always got replied, but one problem doesn't seem to go away. When I print something, larger surfaces and their perimeters look ok. Smaller things are completely smudged after a few layers

As you can see, the bottom printed plate is perfect, in filling as well as perimeters. The smaller parts going up are completely smudged, not even square and the two millimeters in between is even sometimes gone. I have the impression that for these smaller upgoing areas, it does a "complete" fill of the structure... could this be the problem?

How to fix this? I already changed extruder multiplicator in slicer to 0.95, but that doesn't really make a difference. Also, if I put this even lower, I'm afraid the larger areas and perimeters will no longer print correct.

any advice welcome.

Kind regards

Wim
Re: Larger perimters print nice, small parameters all smudged
June 23, 2014 02:46PM
Slower speeds, lower temp. Do you have cooling on in your slicer settings? If not, turn that on and see how it works.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: Larger perimters print nice, small parameters all smudged
June 23, 2014 04:24PM
it you print with pla you need to use fan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login