Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

x axis shift unsolvable

Posted by soaring eagle 
x axis shift unsolvable
July 08, 2014 05:26PM
my x axis keeps on shifting to the right and it will shift several times in one layer several mm at a time and it only happens on prints bigger than 50 mm the belt was sliding kind of rough in some places so i fixed the belt alignment but it didn't help it I've messed with belt tension it doesn't do anything to affect it or make it better or worse I have messed with the current and took it up and down but doesn't make it better it only makes so during the print it buzzes and doesn't go left so it causes the jumps to be worse so when i turn the current in the other direction it wont buzz any more but it still jumps I've slowed it down i think I've messed with the numbers that i think slow it down but it doesn't seem to move any slower accept when its homing i have a reprap i2 and I'm using sprinter firmware and pronterface and slicer to use my printer and print

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2014 06:58PM by soaring eagle.
Re: x axis shift unsolvable
July 09, 2014 03:20AM
Do you have a video of it "performing"?

July 09, 2014 03:24PM
no i dont but i can try to get one
July 12, 2014 08:25PM
it sounds like you are losing steps. i had this problem for a bit and couldnt figure it out. Try using a voltmeter to set the X axis stepper controller rather than the other methods. The belt shold be tight.. not overly but NO slack. The x axis may be out of horizontal alignment as well but it sounds like youre losing steps either at the steppers or through the belt slipping
July 16, 2014 10:32PM
my belts are not slipping I've watched them during several prints I think my current is to low.
July 23, 2014 03:06PM
i found out the problem is that some places onthe belt are catching so it skips if you hit those places it skips
July 26, 2014 02:02PM
you may have solved a problem for me. suddenly while printing an x motor end i lost 2 or 3" worth of steps. tightened the belt w tentioner printed it again and... printed fine for a while then i lost 1/2". i took the machine apart and redid the belts but im thinking belt stretchign is a big problem. i think im going to try to order some higher quality belt that doesnt stretch from SDP/SI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 02:09PM by cdreid9999.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login