Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removing saran wrap from abs?? (wrong section maybe)

Posted by cdreid9999 
Removing saran wrap from abs?? (wrong section maybe)
July 10, 2014 01:51AM
I just bought some blue and some clear abs off ebay.. the abs looks great etc etc but they wrapped the spools in cheap saran wrap in addition to a bag to hold the filament type. The problem is the stuff shredded while trying to remove it and there are pieces of it stuck all over the outer layers of the spool. I hate throwing away good abs. Any ideas on removing it?
Re: Removing saran wrap from abs?? (wrong section maybe)
July 10, 2014 10:41AM
Soak in warm [not hot!] water and rub off? [according to conspiracy theorists, you'll then need to dry the filament]

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 10, 2014 02:38PM
Ive never once dried my ABS and ive had no issues with it sitting on the spool for months.
July 12, 2014 07:03PM
The h20 problem is probably entirely dependant on where you live. I live in western nc and it's a temperate rain forest.. extremely high humidity year round.. whereas someone who lives in inland california or texas is probably dealing with very low humidity. You can most definitely tell (though it isnt a Huge problem usually) when you hear the occasional pops

Also i just got rid of the abs that was covered with plastic. Probably 20 feet of it. The abs is EXCELLENT though ive been only using one spool of black and one roll of blue gitd pla that didnt work well at all and the difference is astonishing. I do like the black but this clear gives me amazing prints and much fewer problems than the black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login