Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

T-Glase printing issue

Posted by Sarge 
T-Glase printing issue
August 09, 2014 05:03PM
So here is my problem; I'm trying to get a decent print using T-Glase. First off, I want to say that I think I have more of a printer problem than a T-glase problem. I have a nozzle that has been precision drilled to .8mm, I have the extruder temperature set at 225C, bed temperature at 85C and I used a litte hair spray for adhesion as was having issues with the print sticking to the bed. The slicer is set for the following: Layer height - .3mm, first layer height - .3mm. Solid in-fill. 30mm/s travel speed. The filament is 1.75mm. I have an E3D print head. Have have used Matter Control (recommended by the printer manufacturer) and Pronterface.
So, after many attempts printing different things with no success, I tried a vase that I downloaded from Thingaverse. Below is a photo of the print (which I killed on the third layer). I'm looking for any advice to get a decent print.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0625.JPG (74.8 KB)
Re: T-Glase printing issue
August 10, 2014 02:00AM
.8mm is a huge nozzle size, that along with the small filament size makes me think that the hot end can't keep up as too much filament is passing through too fast. To test this theory I would try and slow it down a lot like to 10mm/s and see what effect it has.
August 10, 2014 08:50AM
OK. I had a .4mm nozzle and it kept clogging so I went to the .8mm. I've been having a lot of problems with clogging no matter what filament I've been using.
August 11, 2014 04:30AM
Sarge
OK. I had a .4mm nozzle and it kept clogging so I went to the .8mm. I've been having a lot of problems with clogging no matter what filament I've been using.

That's probably nothing to do with the size of the nozzle. Something else is going on to cause the constant clogs. What kind of hotend and extruder are you using? Has the bed levelling been calibrated? E-steps calibrated properly? What types of filament have you been using that were clogging?
August 11, 2014 05:56PM
I'm using an E3D v5 extruder on a ROBO printer. Tom at Taulman3D suggested 238C. I'll give that a try when this torrential rainfall lets up a little.
September 07, 2014 01:47AM
Did it fix it? 238 is hot. Mine looks like yours when I went too slow- but I was a lot slower than that.

Don't you want to use thicker layers? I just put a .8 on my PB+ and it works pretty well at that thickness.

I'm at 220C with 1.75 filament. The optimum window for the material seems to be very small on with the T-Glase. About 8mm/s at 215 gave frosty results, but 220 at about 4mm/sec gave really gloppy/gas filled. 6mm at 220C gave me nice clear stuff- at 0.8mm height.
November 15, 2014 08:37AM
Was this fixed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login