Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend temperature shoots up to max

Posted by Capinho 
Hotend temperature shoots up to max
August 12, 2014 11:00AM
Hello everyone,

I have just upgraded to e3d-v6. So after assembling it, I ran PID autotune at 120 degrees for 10 times. Replaced values and now, after printing 3 layers correctly, the setpoint of hotend temperature shoots up to 400 degrees and printing stops due to high temperature (Error M999). Could it be caused because of PID autotune was set to 120 degrees instead of 190 or so? But personally I dont see, how this could cause the temperature jump.

Waiting for help, thanks
Re: Hotend temperature shoots up to max
August 12, 2014 11:33AM
Ouch, that's a game that will always be lost. PID needs to be run for every major temp change. The difference between 230C and 260C requires a new PID tuning in my experience. Having jumped to 400C your thermistor is dead I'm sure. You'll have to get a new one. I got my v6 and PID'd at 200C at 8 cycles. I wouldn't print until you get a new thermistor, reporting the wrong temps is a fire hazard.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
August 12, 2014 12:11PM
MrDoctorDIV
Ouch, that's a game that will always be lost. PID needs to be run for every major temp change. The difference between 230C and 260C requires a new PID tuning in my experience. Having jumped to 400C your thermistor is dead I'm sure. You'll have to get a new one. I got my v6 and PID'd at 200C at 8 cycles. I wouldn't print until you get a new thermistor, reporting the wrong temps is a fire hazard.
Thanks for your quick reply. Thankfully, only setpoint was set to 400 degrees, the printer shut down at 300, so my thermistor is still alive. smiling smiley I will try doing new PID autotune tomorrow, when i get back to work and hopefully, that will fix this problem.
August 13, 2014 01:26AM
Got it working now, it's pathetic, how lame the problem was. Somehow, other layer temperature was set to 400 degrees, and M104 S400 was added to Gcode after 3 layers. Wow.. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login