Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issues on first layer

Posted by Joe2014 
Printing issues on first layer
September 16, 2014 12:20AM
I cant seem to get any good quality for my first few layers. Some parts it looks fine, but then it seems as if the extruder stops extruding for a second, and I don't get a clean line. Also, If I get past that first issue, I am seeing issues where the layers of the print are not bonded. Images attached. Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - WP_20140915_001.jpg (496.8 KB)
open | download - WP_20140915_002.jpg (558.9 KB)
Re: Printing issues on first layer
September 16, 2014 03:25AM
What filament material do you use and what temperature are you printing with?
September 16, 2014 04:28PM
ABS at 230 and 80 for the bed temp.
September 16, 2014 07:05PM
Try running your head bet temp up to 110.
September 16, 2014 11:00PM
I tried that, but now I cant even get a single layer to print. When it goes through the skirt layer, nothing extrudes. eventually I see filament start to blob up at the nozzle. I've also had to clear the hobbed bolt numerous times as it just keeps chewing up the filament. Is the ABS i'm using just cheap? I purchased the Replikeo prusa i3 kit, so I'm currently printing on the carbon sheet. I'll try to get a glass sheet soon and try that... maybe some better filament?
September 17, 2014 02:49AM
Can you attach your gcode somewhere?
September 17, 2014 07:43AM
The gcode is attached. It is the 20mm test cube, as that is as far as i've gotten. I had been getting some decent prints originally, but now I cant get a single layer to print right. I asked on the IRC and they mentioned I could have a partial clog. My filament curls up on the nozzle when extruded. I tried what they recommended, but the filament still curls. The ABS also just keeps getting chewed up by the hobbed bolt.
Attachments:
open | download - 20mm_cube.gcode (135.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login