Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nozzle stuck after every print

Posted by moonshine 
nozzle stuck after every print
October 19, 2014 03:29AM
disclaimer: i am new to 3d printing (very new)

I just got a 3d printer (prusa i3) and after fixing it up, bed leveling, reading about slicing and other tech details, I decided to give it a try. after a few failures, i managed to do some small print. quality is quite poor, but i expected to be like that being my first time.
my main problem is that the nozzle gets blocked every time i finish a print. I need to disassemble the printing head, clean it up, refit the filament and sometimes even after that it still doesnt wana print.
The filament just doesnt wana move forward and the extruder (bowden) "slides" (with noise) on the filament. The nozzle is hot and it is a the proper height (one paper thickens from the glass) but the fillament just doesnt move.

This might not be enough info to troubleshoot, but any suggestion would be welcomed..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 03:48AM by moonshine.

Prusa i3 w/ Marlin firmware | Simplify3D | OctoPrint / Nautilus
Re: nozzle stuck after every print
October 19, 2014 08:32AM
Hi fella. I got prusa i3 too and managed to get it sorted just checking stuff out on you tube and wiki. look on you tube for setting up your extruder. any more questions give as much detail as poss fella .. i.e. abs, pla heat temps feed rates all that stuff, takes a lot of tweaking but you get there in a bit of time winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 08:32AM by sloppyprinter.
October 19, 2014 08:34AM
It's PLA, bed @ 60C nozzle i tried from 180 to 220 (no difference)

October 19, 2014 08:36AM
I'm also with the same problem (also with a prusa i3), but only happened when I tried to exchange the filament, and now I can't load any filament, and I can't print.
I don't know what to do, It just doesn't load.

If you could help it would be great. thank you.
October 19, 2014 08:51AM
When I get stuck like that, the only thing that helps is to disassemble the nozzle while HOT. When it cools off the hardened PLA makes it impossible to unscrew.

October 19, 2014 11:29AM
moonshine
The filament just doesnt wana move forward and the extruder (bowden) "slides" (with noise) on the filament. The nozzle is hot and it is a the proper height (one paper thickens from the glass) but the fillament just doesnt move.

You may have the nozzle too close to the bed. One paper thickness is good for setting Z=0 on many printers, but printing starts with Z at the first layer height, not Z=0. If you put the nozzle well above the bed, does it extrude then?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 19, 2014 02:15PM
I think you prob is its too close now, seems like its jamming up before you have even begin winking smiley
October 19, 2014 02:19PM
Hi I don't know why but Where are you guys ????? im in leeds England, at some point it would be good if we could all help each other out here. nothing better than to see it in action winking smiley just saying winking smiley
October 19, 2014 08:42PM
No, ti's not that the nozzle is too close to the bed. before heating, the hotend lifts up at least 3 cm or more if I try manually.... It is that the filament gets stuck inside the neck. I am using a cheap hotend and that might cause th problem.I might need to look for something else...

Attachments:
open | download - HTB1s_RDGXXXXXXMXVXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg (102.1 KB)
October 20, 2014 06:06AM
seams like mine is more bad quality hot end than anything else... (similar to [forums.reprap.org])

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login