Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Tree Frog And ABS

Posted by Plasteroid 
The Tree Frog And ABS
October 26, 2014 01:05PM
I wonder how people can print that Morena's tree frog on ABS? I use ABS juice and I have'n had any problems with my prints sticking to the bed: gears, cubes and etc. No warping. But that frog's back leg arched printing makes a curve up. Warping without a support and next time printer head crushes to the rised layer and pushes the leg away. Still I see videos where the frog is printed with ABS and they look to be without extra printing support?

230C Head
110C Bed

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
Re: The Tree Frog And ABS
October 26, 2014 06:01PM
I just gave it a go and it came out ok. It was at .3mm layer height on a .4mm nozzle, so not super fine, but just wanted to see if it came out.

I used abs on abs juice (My bed isn't usually as mucky as in the picture, I've been printing a lot). bed was at 98ish degrees, I can't get it much hotter and keep it there. Extruded at 230, print took about 30 minutes? Annoyingly a bit of ptfe tape I had wrapped around the hot end dropped onto the print and left a mark on the other side that you can just see, but I didn't have any actual print problems.
Re: The Tree Frog And ABS
October 27, 2014 05:36AM
How on earth it is printed? It was front leg edge rising up (red circle on a photo) on my printer. Some ABS does not bend so much or? My parts stick to the bed so well that they come up with thin sheet of dried ABS juice, but it does not help in this case. Why your ABS does not warp? I have even hotter bed (110C).

P.S. Slicing error? If I could print front legs more layers at once, they could come out with less warping?

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
Attachments:
open | download - FrogLeg.JPG (525.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login