Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Big gaps and no good fills

Posted by alfadex 
Big gaps and no good fills
November 15, 2014 08:27AM
I thing i have big space as photo shows. That result everything i make ,not to be sturdy.When a line is printed is not always connected with side lines

I have pursa mendel 2 ,0.5 nozzle, teachup firmware,abs plastic 2.75.i am using Using Slic3r and Pronterface
I am printing 0.3 or0.4 layer the same problem

Also, at the perimeter or this thing ,there are two perimeters but are not connected together ,why is this happening?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 08:28AM by alfadex.
Re: Big gaps and no good fills
November 15, 2014 11:37AM
The problem isn't the layer height but the extrusion width.

Using a 0.5 nozzle standard extrusion width will be 0.6 if the width of the part you are printing can be divided by that number then your part will come out right, if any difference then a gap will be visible.

A 2.4mm will be covered with 4 0.6mm lines, but anything from 2.5 to 2.9 will display gaps that will get bigger the closer they get to the next divider width 3.0

You can play with the extrusion width or the nozzle size to compensate for the part width.

The other way you have to work it around is with the number of perimeters, a 2.5mm wall cannot be filled with 3 perimeters at 0.6 because there is not enough space, the slicer will just lay 4 lines leaving a gap, but if you lower it to 2 perimeters then you have a 1mm gap that can be fill.(the slicer should be intelligent enough to do this by itself, but it doesn't, you have to do it)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 11:53AM by ggherbaz.
November 15, 2014 12:10PM
mmm you are right, i have never thign of this.
I print that part again but i make two change simitaneusly , i have very good result but whick one is the reason
I check default extrusion width at advance settings as my noozle 0.5, it was empty before
And the other one is filament diameter was 2.4 and i go it at 2mm. As i measure with calliper i found it 2.6-2.8.

Do you think it was because of default extrusion width? Should it be 0.6 or 0.5mm???

thank you very much

November 15, 2014 12:21PM
Well you were faster than me, I was about to post you this example.
Attachments:
open | download - slicer sample.jpg (165.8 KB)
November 15, 2014 12:23PM
It will come out better with 0.5 instead of 0.6, you will give the slicer more space to fill. what extrusion multiplier are you using? if 1, lowered to 0.9 for that piece in specific it will smooth it some more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 12:25PM by ggherbaz.
November 15, 2014 12:45PM
what is extrusion multiplier
November 15, 2014 01:38PM
Slic3r:

Expert mode: Filament settings tab: second option.
Attachments:
open | download - extrusion multiplier.jpg (90.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login