Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridging won't work with Polycarbonate.

Posted by PrintThings 
Bridging won't work with Polycarbonate.
December 03, 2014 03:41PM
I set out printing the 5mm calibration blocks to fine tune my E-steps for the polycarbonate filament according to the wiki here: [reprap.org]

The model has a couple small birdges and I realized while calibrating the E-steps that I can't get it to bridge really at all, without anything to lay onto the material just seems to ball up on the nozzle. It'll lay one trace correctly but as soon as it goes back the other way it'll rip it up and the rest is just a ball of molten PC getting dragged around. If it could somehow be programed to lay a trace at a time and wait in between to cool it might work, but I'm not sure that's possible without messing with the G-code.

I'm printing at 280C. I tried speeds from 10mm/s to 60mm/s and tried messing with the bridge flow ratio, from 0.8 to 1.2, nothing helped. I don't have a cooling fan setup yet, it's in the mail, maybe this will help I'm not sure, but I've had no issues with ABS or PLA bridging on the 5mm calibration block model.

Has anybody had success bridging with PC and what settings did you use if so?
Re: Bridging won't work with Polycarbonate.
June 23, 2018 12:21PM
I have the same problem, anyone know the answer after all this time?
June 24, 2018 01:06AM

I have the same problem...

Exactly the same? Then wait for the part cooler fan to arrive and try it out. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 01:06AM by o_lampe.
June 27, 2018 06:34PM
I mean is part cooling really something you want to do for PC? Wont it cause weak layers? Also the warping issue is already bad enough without part cooling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login