Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tried Cura today after months of slow sucess with Skeinforge....what the hell is this?!

Posted by SamS 
Tried Cura today after months of slow sucess with Skeinforge....what the hell is this?!
January 04, 2015 02:41AM
Hi guys,

So I tried cura today because Skeinforge is too slow. Two things happened:

1. The circular object on the right came out AMAZING. Like I can't even see where the print lines are. This makes me want to keep trying Cura. HOWEVER...

2. The cube on the right did....that. I've never even seen this before anywhere. Anyone have advice? I have no idea where to even start. My Skeinforge/cura settings are very very similar and I've printed plenty of near perfect Skeinforge cubes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Abs, 220C, Prusa Mendel running marlin, well calibrated, bed at 100C

Also, it looks like the corners lifted but they didn't even a bit, I double checked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 02:42AM by SamS.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150104_011914-1-1-1.jpg (600.3 KB)
Did you print those objects separately?

It looks like you printed the cube in its own, and it is far to small an object to print on its own without some kind of cooling strategy. The layers below had not set when the next layer was being printed. You need to either slow things down significantly (minimum layer time) or have some kind of active cooling (fan directed at the nozzle output).

The circle may have come out better because it took longer per layer.
Hahahaha it turns out I somehow had my filament multiplier set to 185 instead of 85. Not sure how that happens but thank you for the advice anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login