Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel quits as soon as print starts.

Posted by cevans9921 
Mendel quits as soon as print starts.
January 12, 2015 04:56AM
After a long couple days of trial and error of errors I have now been stumped. I have every thing working correctly but one thing...printing. Upon starting a print, the print will home, heat extruder and then begin to print. It will start to print the skirt around the object and then freezes. Some times repitier hose will freeze. When the printer freezes I can not take control of it from rep host unless I restart host. I am using ramps 1.4 with A4988 step motor drivers. voltages are about 0.46 each motor. I have small heat sinks on them with a bit of thermal paste as I figured it maybe over heating but it made no difference. Extruder heats up fine, thermostat reads extruder temp fine and bot homes all of its axis perfect, I do not understand why it keeps quitting at begging of printing. Any insight would be grateful.
Re: Mendel quits as soon as print starts.
January 12, 2015 02:25PM
Do you have the ability to print from SD? If nothing else it would serve to do some diagnosis.
Re: Mendel quits as soon as print starts.
January 13, 2015 10:52AM
I had a similar problem with Repeier Host, caused by the onscreen 3D rendering crashing, then locking up the print. I switched to Pronterface temporarily until I had time to dig into the problem, but just never went back to RH...

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login