Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corner blobing

Posted by calad 
Corner blobing
January 28, 2015 05:28AM
Hi.

I have a problem: corners are a bit expanded.

This is a huge problem because extra filament in corners. When I try to print objects that have 45 degrees angles on every layer they gain a bit more material thus causing corner lifting. This does not happend on flat corners.

I suspect reason may be in acceleration settings. For some reason x/y axis slows down in corner but extruder does not causing extra material there. Im using PLA with 180 degrees so temperature is not an issue. Firmware is marlin and I have this problem with cura and slicer.

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,3200/0.8,479} // default steps per unit for ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {300, 300, 3.2, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,10,45} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 1000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for r retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instanteneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

All help is appreciated.
Re: Corner blobing
January 30, 2015 10:14AM
Why isnt temperature the problem? If i print at 180 degrees there is no way I get good results. Most of the time its 200 for me.

Settings look fine by me, almost identical to mine.

What happens when you slow down your whole print?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login