Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

J-head done for?

Posted by vvarma 
J-head done for?
February 05, 2015 01:32AM
Hey, so recently I've been running into some trouble with my 0.3mm j head hot end. It stopped extruding correctly, so I took it off and let it sit in acetone for a while, periodically taking it out to clear some of the residue out (Because I kept getting residue out, this actually went on for 2 whole days). After this process, I tried taking a thin wire and clearing out the very tip of the hot end. However, the wire broke off inside the nozzle. Dang. So I went and rummaged for a stronger wire that I could push that one all the way out with. This one also broke inside the nozzle, alongside the other one actually. Maybe I didn't think this through very well. In any case, I now have 2 wires jammed into this nozzle and nothing small enough (or, be it small enough, strong enough) to do anything about this. I tried plugging the nozzle back in to try flushing out what I could with filament, but that did nothing, absolutely nothing was extruded. Now I have a J-head that is jammed to the point where I can't seem to do anything about it. What's left to do? Just buy another one? If so, does anyone know where I can buy JUST the aluminum/brass heater block/nozzle piece that fits into the PEEK insulator? I don't want to have to spend any more money than I have to, and I already have spares of the electronics, so I really don't want to have to buy a complete new J-head.
EDIT: The J-head in question is a typical Mk V j head, I believe this one was manufactured by Sainsmart, but it could have been Geeetech, I can't remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 02:33AM by vvarma.
Re: J-head done for?
February 05, 2015 10:17PM
Is this any good?

[www.aliexpress.com]

February 06, 2015 01:46AM
Wow, excellent find, thank you so much! If possible, I'd still like to fix this nozzle, because, y'know, I already have it, but since this is looking less and less like it's within reach, I may just go for the part at that link
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login