Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alignment issue.

Posted by KdogLA 
Alignment issue.
February 12, 2015 11:16PM
I recently decided to get into 3d Printing as a hobby for my kids and myself. After assembly everything works mechanical wise. Bed leveling, auto home goes to endstops with no issue. The problem I'm facing is it is trying to print about an inch and a half too much to the left of the bed. I was using Cura and thought maybe that was the issue. Slic3r is doing the same thing. The printer I got off of amazon is Aurora3D DIY RepRap Prusa I3 3D Printer with LED Screen by SeresRoadĀ®. Any ideas? I'm pretty good with electronics but for some reason I cannot figure this one out.. Any help is greatly appreciated..
Re: Alignment issue.
February 13, 2015 02:14AM
Looks like you just have to set offsets in your slicer. Not sure how to do it in Cura or Slicer. If you're at all familiar with Gcode, you could try adding the lines

G0 X45
G92 X0

in Cura and Slic3r's start gcode/script. I know that in Simplify3D, you can just set offsets. The gcode thing should work, though. Feel free to msg me with any questions. Kinda late now, and I don't think this answer's the most eloquent.
Re: Alignment issue.
February 13, 2015 11:20AM
Any answer is a good answer. I'm a tinker type of person so this is right up my alley. I have been reading up on g-code so it's kinda familure. Those offsets, where in the gcode would I place them? I'm not at home so I don't have what it actually has in it. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login