Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extuded quantity is not even

Posted by victorjung 
Extuded quantity is not even
February 14, 2015 04:50AM
Hi all of you smiling smiley
I am experiencing a new problem that i never had before.
When printing it suddently requires alot of power to push the filament, and almost nothing exit from the nozzle, and few seconds after, it will restart extruding well, but in the mean time I guess the pressure increased in the hotend leading to too much plastic extruded.
My extruder is really powerfull, meaning that if it's stop extruding it's because it's impossible to do so, even by hand.
I am printing 3.00 mm pla with a bowden set up and a e3d metal hotend imitation.

I am out of ideas for the cause of the jamming, the heat breaker is heavily cooled down...

Re: Extuded quantity is not even
February 16, 2015 05:54PM
Sounds like your temperature might be too low or, if this is only happening on the first layer, your nozzle is too close to the bed. What temperature are you printing at?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Extuded quantity is not even
February 16, 2015 06:32PM
Did you print 3mm PLA successfully with the imitation hotend before? I have rarely heard anything good about printing PLA with those imitation E3D hotends.

The last time I had jams, I was printing PETG, then I turned up the heat and the jamming went away. As above, printing hotter might help, but might also worsen the problem winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 06:33PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login