Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cura slicing wheels, weird fill problem [solved]

Posted by docdawning 
Cura slicing wheels, weird fill problem [solved]
February 23, 2015 12:35AM
Hello friends. I'm still quite new to the scene, so some kindness would be awesome..

I'm trying to print some "Idler Wheels" (such as this) and my problem is I'm not sure how to get Cura to not fill in the inside of the wheels. I found that if I set my Fill Density to 0%, then the inside of the wheels is made as expected for MOST layers.. But some layers still end up getting filled entirely..

The model

Layer 123

Layer 124

In layer 124 you can see quite a gap between the walls of the wheel and the filled disk, which is the thing that shouldn't be there.

I'm not sure if this is a matter of Cura settings or an emergent property of this sort of model?

Any suggestions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 11:47AM by docdawning.
Re: Cura slicing wheels, weird fill problem
February 23, 2015 06:21AM
Maybe there is a hole in your model and Cura tries to close it.

In Expert settings find 'Combine Everything' there you have type A and B. Try either one to see if it makes any difference in the preview.

Could that solve it? If the top surface of the STL model has an error, it might be possible that Cura sees it as a circular surface without the gap in the middle.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
February 23, 2015 11:46AM
Awesome, thank you very much Ohmarinus!

I found that if I unchecked the combine options (type A was set by default), then the gcode produced looks as I'd expect.

Very very helpful.

And thank you for not giving one of those don't use that slicer, use the only one I know instead type answers.
February 24, 2015 05:16AM
docdawning
Awesome, thank you very much Ohmarinus!

I found that if I unchecked the combine options (type A was set by default), then the gcode produced looks as I'd expect.

Very very helpful.

And thank you for not giving one of those don't use that slicer, use the only one I know instead type answers.

Thanks, it was purely accidental that I had been playing with that feature a few days prior to your question because I was having the same kind of problem with an object winking smiley

Do you have a picture of how your object printed?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login