Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hole in print has blockage

Posted by AjaxOfTheRockies 
Hole in print has blockage
March 15, 2015 03:41PM
I have an item I made in Sketchup from something i downloaded; I modified some of the shape. Anyway, there is a square hole through that looks correct in Sketchup and in Cura. This hole, by the way, was in the original item and it printed correctly. In Cura, my new part looks like this

When i print it, the square hole has a wall about half-way through:

In Pronterface, I can see the wall as I slide through the layers.

Anyone know what i did wrong? did I mess up in Cura, or is Proterface doing something funny?

Thanks!

- a -
Re: Hole in print has blockage
March 15, 2015 04:03PM
See it before with my slicer (Simplify3d) if you change the layer height will disappear. Don't know why that happens but you didn't do anything wrong (but choosing the wrong layer height) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2015 04:04PM by ggherbaz.
March 15, 2015 04:52PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried three other layer heights; .08 .1 and .15. All three display the wall when I slide through the layers in Proterface.

Other thoughts?

- a -
March 15, 2015 05:40PM
It is probably a hole in the STL that the slicer patches up and therefor creates a solid layer.

Run the STL through Netfab and see if the problem is gone afterwards.
[netfabb.azurewebsites.net]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
March 15, 2015 08:12PM
Like Ohmarinus mentioned you can run it through Netfabb, but check the file afterward for any changes made by the software that you might not like.

Meshmixer from Autodesk its also a good option to repair STL files. It's a bit more complicated but have several useful features and it's free.
March 15, 2015 09:11PM
In Cura, open the expert options. In the lower right corner under Fix Horrible, make sure all 4 options are Not selected.
March 15, 2015 09:26PM
Ohmarinus
It is probably a hole in the STL that the slicer patches up and therefor creates a solid layer.

Run the STL through Netfab and see if the problem is gone afterwards.
[netfabb.azurewebsites.net]

That was the answer. Thank you!!

- a -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login