Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Orientation problem 180degs

Posted by Bearcubb 
Orientation problem 180degs
March 22, 2015 11:29AM
Ok built a I3v 12 inch and hit Autohome all is right the bed come forward and the hotend goes to right rear as they tell you from Makerfarms.

but after loading your image and sending to Pronterface it shows fine on screen and in Pronterface, BUT when it prints the things
Orientation is off 180degs, not mirrored just turned 180deg . It prints out fine looks good but I like to place more than one item on the bed
to print and placment like them to print on the bed as i place them and not the whatever turning them 180deg.

I know I can turn them 180degs under slcr3 then print them out but id like to know why there doing this.

Again bed moves where it should when Auto-homing . To me everything is backwards on this printer but ive called Makerfarms
and im told thats how it is and nothing wrong.

On Pronterface when hitting the X+ button it will move the extruder left
When hitting X- takes the extruder right
When Hitting the Y+ button the bed goes to the rear
When hitting the Y- the bed moves forward
When Hitting Autohome Button bed moves forward and extruder right rear .

All this show right from Makerfarm and there videos but the Print Orientation is off 180degs turns them 180degs."Not mirrored" just tuns them 180degs around.

Is there anything like a code or something to do to change this problem?

Thanks for any help....
Re: Orientation problem 180degs
March 22, 2015 03:28PM
Wow, that's goofy. They designed the machine so you have to look at it from the back to see it as the slicers and interface programs do.

How comfortable are you with editing firmware? I'm still barely getting into it myself but I think it would look like this to do it without changing any hardware or wiring:

In pins.h:

Reverse the pin numbers for X_MIN_PIN and X_MAX_PIN
Reverse the pin numbers for Y_MIN_PIN and Y_MAX_PIN

This will allow the firmware to interpret a trigger of the endstop as a max signal instead of a min signal.

In configuration.h:

Reverse X_HOME_DIR and Y_HOME_DIR (with makerfarm's default setup, it will home to a min endstop, so this should be -1...If so, set it to 1 to home to a max endstop).
Reverse INVERT_X_DIR and INVERT_Y_DIR (if false, set true...If true, set false) to reverse the motor logic.
Set X_HOME_POS and Y_HOME_POS to the total lengths of your X and Y travel (equal to X_MAX_LENGTH and Y_MAX_LENGTH).

You'll also need to tweak your extruder offsets X_EXTRUDER_OFFSET and Y_EXTRUDER_OFFSET, probably roughly to the additive inverse (+ if -, - if +) of their current values, but some experimentation may be necessary as well.

If you have enabled EEPROM, some of these settings may need to be set there.

If I've messed something up or missed something, hopefully someone else will be along.
March 23, 2015 08:29AM
I had the same problem with a machine once, but I accepted that it just was like that. Eventually it turned out to be wrongly placed endstops and turned around motor cables. However, I like it the way it was and decided to keep it the 'wrong' way.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
March 23, 2015 11:01AM
Ohmarinus,

I thought the same but this is a well known kit and sold thousands online Makerfarm iv3 and there videos and instructions and all show it built and homing like mine and thats says all endstops are right and motors going the right direction but still the prints or turned 180degs lol Im in contact with the builder and designer and he says its right but he wanted my G-code the script and file i was printing and he will load it look at it and see if its something in the programing of the firmware and if he can wrote it to change my problem. That was yesterday Sunday... YES Sunday he works from home and answers peoples questions so I think its a good Company and support. Will hope he can fix this I hate seeing prints turned ... Not OCD just bugs me lol Thanks for your input and I have swaped the motor wires around moves the end stops but then it homes in another corner and all that but I like it the way they designed it and its very sturdy with the V-slot setup and not the 8mm rods ike most printers. I will keep all heads up with what goes on. Again thanks for the reply ..
March 23, 2015 04:07PM
If you consider the origin of your coordinate system to be at the front left of the bed - and most people do - then your X and Y axes are both backwards, and it's not a question of where your endstops are. You need to invert both axes, and it can be done by changing the value of the invertX and invertY - I forget the actual variable names, but you should be able to find it easily - variables (don't change the meaning of min and max - you'll just confuse yourself in the future). Once you have inverted your axes, then you'll need to re-evaluate your endstops. Again, most people have them at the minimum end of their axes, which for X is at the left and for Y is at the rear.
March 23, 2015 04:47PM
Jbernardis

My other 2 3d printers are just as you discribe and set that way. I was just going by the build and Makerfarms and there videos. There Home is right rear which places the build bed right up front at you. It would not be hard to swap the end stops as it i a V-slot fram easy to swap them around and then swap the wires on the motors. Im going to try and figure why just mine likes to print 180 degs differ than others with the same build and boards. Even the manufacter has asked for my file,firmware,g-code file and photos of my wiring layout and they tried to make theres do the same and no luck. So im wondering if this might be a software problem or something. I had 3 versions of both Slr3 and Pronterface loaded as my other 2 printers like older versions to run. We also thought maybe the ramps/drivers might be programed wrong and to swap them around . We even thought maybe one of the motors are wored from the factor differ than the other so as of yet ive not taken the ramps/drivers out and swapped them around or the motors around. I think im going to try to remove all the software and only load one version of it and see what happens first. Thanks for you input and info. If all else fails I will try the swapping the end stops and rev the wires on the motors.
March 25, 2015 09:41PM
1) Invert X and Y in the firmware
2) set the current endstops as max as opposed to min endstops
3) ???
4) profit!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login