Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can you tell me what is the problem?

Posted by alfadex 
can you tell me what is the problem?
April 01, 2015 02:00PM
i have not yet find what is the problem here for around a year.If i print an object that is 30x30mm and high enough i have not any problem, if the object is around 10x10 and high i have those pproblems at the photos.
It looks like there is too much abs, but i have test my wade gear extruder and it is ok. Filament is 2.6mm, i have test in slicer with 2.8 but it is not enough. If i adjust to extract less filament ,there are spaces.
When i print big objects there is any problem!!
I have prusa mendel 2 and i use teachup

Re: can you tell me what is the problem?
April 01, 2015 02:08PM
Hi, the problem is cooling.

Are you printing with ABS or PLA?

With PLA you can use a cooler to cool down the printed parts. Otherwise you can print both small objects far away form each other on the print bed, so one can cool down while the other layer is printed further away.

You are printing the stirling engine right? Cute thing, I designed my own some time ago.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
April 01, 2015 02:42PM
Hi, i print only with abs,small pieces are printed separate but i had not good result at all. I can not cool down abs because it will be unsticked from the bed. Yes i am trying to print stirling machine , what can i do? How other peaple print without problem. i print those at 231 Celsius, i try at 223 but the same thing, nothing change, i slow down bed heat from 100 Celsius to 80 ,
April 01, 2015 06:47PM
By "printed separate" do you mean you're printing them one at a time, one after the other? If so, the hot end is spending too much time over a given area on the print and melting lower layers. Try printing more than one at the same time.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
April 02, 2015 04:12PM
i print 2 pieces one piece at one side and the other piece to the other side of the bed and i didn't use <>
Can be something else the reason for this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 04:12PM by alfadex.
April 02, 2015 07:14PM
Then, given the orientation of the pieces, you might be over-extruding. Try lowering the extrusion multiplier in 2% increments at a time. The thin walls on the top pieces would be especially vulnerable to slight over-extrusion, as would the overhangs in the larger piece.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
April 08, 2015 01:00PM
it is amazing how just a fan on the extruder make thing a step before perfection!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login