Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printbed

Posted by lukkieluuk 
Printbed
April 06, 2015 04:35PM
I am new on printing.
So the first experiments failed because the filament wouldn't attach on the glas printbed.
The filament is PLA
does the printbed has to be heated?
Re: Printbed
April 06, 2015 05:28PM
If you have a heated bed, then yes....... 60 degrees
Be sure you calibrate to 0.10 the distance between nozzle and bed.
April 06, 2015 07:35PM
Hey, finally time to reply.

The printbed temperature of 60ยบ is a good start, make sure before printing, that you give the printbed a wipe with acetone. Acetone is one of the few cleaning agents that doesn't leave grease behind. I clean the print bed every week.

There are also other solutions, some people print PLA on Kapton tape, or on special blue tape. Some print on glass, and some print on a special surface called 'BuildTak'.

Here you see the wiki with more information on different build plate materials:
[reprap.org]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
April 07, 2015 03:01AM
I find that several things need to be right to print PLA direct on glass:

1. Filament: some PLA filaments just won't adhere to glass. I print those on diluted solvent pipe cement instead.

2. Bed temperature: I use 65C indicated. Actual temperature on top of the glass is closer to 55C.

3. Bed preparation: wash in hot soapy water, rinse, drain and finish drying with paper towel. Avoid finger marking the surface. Before each print, wipe the surface with a tissue moistened with vinegar. Some people use sugar solution instead.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login