Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie with mega prusa issues

Posted by jwfordracing 
newbie with mega prusa issues
April 10, 2015 10:48AM
Hey all, im new to the site and 3d printing as well. I just assembled my mega prusa and have issues with trying to home the axies. The print bed and extruder will go as far as they can away from the stop and keeps trying to go further making the motors buzz. Up and down seems ok but not sure if its working correctly since the other axis are off. I have not printed anything yet , ive had it a week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Re: newbie with mega prusa issues
April 10, 2015 12:51PM
If you don't want to do it via firmware, just flip the steppers cables in the ramps board. That will fix the issue of your axis going in the wrong direction.

If you want to do it via firmware, just invert the direction in configuration h file and re flash it to the mega board.

Now, before you end up damaging your printer use pronterface to test your endstops with M119 command, be sure that all shows open when not hit by a carriage and triggered when you press them with your fingers.
Re: newbie with mega prusa issues
April 10, 2015 01:53PM
You could also have problems with your endstops connection and thus constantly coming up as triggered. Do as ggherbaz says and try M119 command in pronterface. If one endstop shows as triggered when it's not check if everything is properly connected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login