Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first print help

Posted by trist077 
first print help
June 08, 2015 12:51PM
after fially getting the print working need help using pla at quoted 240 hotend anf 65 bed

not sure on rest printed model is currect dimensions so all the axis are alligned

look in pics why it came out like this using e3d v6 bowden
[i188.photobucket.com]

[i188.photobucket.com]
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (30.9 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (18).png (468.5 KB)
open | download - Screenshot (17).png (427.7 KB)
Re: first print help
June 08, 2015 12:52PM
June 08, 2015 02:42PM
240 is WAY too hot for PLA.
That is the temp for ABS!
June 08, 2015 02:42PM
240 seems awfully hot for PLA. I really liked this video from RepRap Neo, [youtu.be], on calibrating the temperature for your hot end.
June 10, 2015 04:36PM
secand print turned heat down but missed a few bits in letters and just after the L and below B the letters it did not do the same fill as all the rest any help

i also have abs and what i do o i ujse ab instead of pla e.g do i need to increase extruder and bed temp is tis all

[i188.photobucket.com]

[i188.photobucket.com]

[i188.photobucket.com]
June 10, 2015 04:44PM
It looks like you are under extruding.
Have you calibrated your extruder?
You say you turned down the temp... Down to what? We need info.
June 10, 2015 04:54PM
How many solid layers are you printing for the top/bottom? You should be doing 3 or 4.
June 10, 2015 05:07PM
Try following Triffid's Calibration Guide, [reprap.org], to make sure your extruder is correctly extruding filament.

If you just lowered the temperature on your printer, after you dial in the steps per mm on your extruder motor, I would run the hot end calibration (linked above) to find an ideal extrusion temperature for your PLA. Then finish following Triffid's guide.

Double check all of your slicer settings.

Note that you will need to calibrate every roll of filament for the best results. The extrusion steps per mm and other firmware based settings should be rather consistent. The biggest issue will be the temperature hotend, temperature of your heated bed (if used), and occasionally you will need to make small tweaks to the extrusion flow. So if you decide to switch out the PLA for ABS, you will need to calibrate the hotend (230-250), calibrate your heated bed (80-110), and run a calibration model or two to adjust the flow.
June 10, 2015 07:33PM
Current Temp 215 first layer then 210 after 2 top and bottom perimeters
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login