Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What speed do you print at?

Posted by thetazzbot 
What speed do you print at?
June 21, 2015 01:16AM
I'm curious what speeds most people print at and what kind of printer they have?

Just an overall. Like in Repetier Host, under slicing you have these speed setting that changes the print, infill, and peremiter speed.. On my Prusa i3 I was printing at like 40 or so not really thinking to change it, but today I thought I would push it and now I'm printing at 90mm/s but the object i am printing is about 4x5 inches ABS. I wonder at what speed will the screws come loose smiling smiley

cheers,
mark
Re: What speed do you print at?
June 21, 2015 06:49AM
I have used (Cura) 40mm/s perimeters and 60mm/s infill. Perhaps rising few degrees Celsius hot end temperature if going faster is good (with a big print)? Or so says Mr. Gain: [www.youtube.com]

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
June 21, 2015 06:58AM
On my Ormerod, I print at 30mm/sec perimeters and 50mm/sec infill, although I suspect I could use faster infill. On my delta, I use 50mm/s perimeters and 100mm/s infill. On both I use 50% speed for the first layer, 70% speed for external perimeters, and 10mm/sec for small perimeters to get good bed adhesion.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 21, 2015 07:06AM
On my four year old printer [www.youtube.com] [goo.gl] , with a pretty massive Y and X load, i use 50-60mm/s for print moves and 120 for non print
On my modified OrdBot [www.youtube.com] , with a pretty lightweight load, i use 100-120mm/s for print and 140 for non print.
This is for ABS, PLA etc with a 0.3 nozzle. For elastic stuff i have to reduce this for reliability, depending on exact Material type i use 50% to 80%. Often enough it works at 100%, but usually i don't take the risk.
Wood and Metal filaments are printing at <60 with an 0.5 nozzle on my OrdBot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2015 07:06AM by Srek.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
June 21, 2015 10:12PM
I use an old Prusa and with the 0.3mm nozzle I do these speeds:
High quality at around 60mm/sec perimeters, 20% lower for external.
70 for the infill at single layers, 80 for double layers.
50 for solid infill, 20 top solid.
non print moves at 120mm/sec.
High speeds settings:
120mm/sec perimeters, 40% lower for external.
120 mm infill for single layers, 80 for double.
80 for solid infill and 40 top solid.
Non print moves at 140mm/sec.
High speed I only use for easy parts and when I don't mind some imperfections.
For top quality I reduce the first settings by about 30%.
Would love a better printer to see if I can push the speeds further as right now my hardware get's into trouble going any faster, although a simple test print worked quite well at 200mm/sec...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login