Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slight bends on corners and sides

Posted by foul_owl 
Slight bends on corners and sides
June 24, 2015 05:38PM
Hi folks,

I'm fairly happy with my prints so far, but recently my prints started to develop slight bends or divots on the corners or sides. Here is a pic:
[i.imgur.com]

Notice how the teeth are slightly bent, the hex holes are misshapen, and the sides have slight lumps to them. This is a more extreme case of this issue.

Both belts feel fairly tight. There is no play anywhere I can tell.

Uncertain what else to check. Keep in mind this issue developed within the past few weeks.

Thanks!!
Re: Slight bends on corners and sides
June 25, 2015 12:32PM
How fast are you printing? It could be that the previous layer hasn't had enough time to cool, allowing it to be pushed around by the nozzle on the following layer.
June 25, 2015 10:29PM
60 mm/s for all perimeters. I've noticed a bit of "ringing" near the bumps as well, if that makes sense,.
June 26, 2015 01:50PM
In your slicer options there should be a setting for a minimum layer time; you could try either increasing this value or lowering speeds.
Also, have you tried switching filament to see if the problem is still there?
June 28, 2015 04:04PM
This issue only recently started occurring, so I know it's not an issue with the filament. I think it's a mechanical issue, but not sure of what type.

I tried lowering the print speed, but no luck yet. I'll try lowering it a bit more.

Here's another picture of the issue. Note the bumps and divots, circled in red, but also note the edges are fine, circled in green:

[i.imgur.com]

Thanks!!
June 28, 2015 05:26PM
Check the Belt tension and that the pully grub scews are tight against the flat end of the shaft. looks to me like a loose belt.
July 01, 2015 02:44PM
Y tension looks good. How do I tension the x axis? (Prusa i3) Thanks!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login