Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corner lift on upper layer

Posted by Vashikovich 
Corner lift on upper layer
July 26, 2015 08:47PM
Hey fellow rappers,

I have had this problem nowadays.
My print seems to have a bad cornering, look at the picture. The layer that is being laid down tend to lift on the corner.
On the first layer, the corner seems to lift a very little bit. The lifting build up as the layers progress and eventually become a catastrophe.
I've played many parameters from flow to temperature, but it does not help.
This problem just arose recently, and I don't have any other clue to do the fix.
Please help me..

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - WIN_20150727_074104.JPG (143.3 KB)
Re: Corner lift on upper layer
July 27, 2015 05:56AM
It's often caused because it's overextruding, maybe combined with the xy jerk setting needs to be increased. The slowdown in the corners could leave some buildup of filament.
July 27, 2015 10:03AM
I know that the acceleration values that my printer has leaves over extrusion on the ends of lines, and around corners. My nozzle is very leaky though. Even if you extrude some filament, back it off a lot, it will still constantly spew plastic.

Anyway, do you have a heated bed? What filament, hot end, and extruder do you use on your printer?

Master Tinkerer
July 27, 2015 06:05PM
That looks like a temperature problem to me... either insufficient cooling (fans) causing the corners to lift or having the nozzle too hot such that your seeing oozing as the head slows at the corners.
July 27, 2015 06:24PM
I'd look at setting "seam position" to random in slic3r, I've noticed a bulge at one corner of a calibration cube with the seam set to be in the same position on each layer, possibly compounded by over extruding. Failing this is your layer fan blowing from one side only? This will cause small layers to curl towards the fan as the upper part of the extrusion cools faster than the lower part, this doesn't seem to happen on larger layers as they are better bonded to the previous layer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login