Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder motor not responding

Posted by fe1od1or 
Extruder motor not responding
July 27, 2015 12:51PM
Hello. I've previously asked this on the Repetier category, but I'd like some insight from others as to what may be the problem. So:

I'm using a Rostock (delta) printer running Repetier Firmware, controlled by Repetier host.

The extruder stepper refuses to move in manual control and in print mode.

I know that the extruder stepper and driver work, when exchanged with one of the axis steppers it worked properly.
I've tried this with the extruder cold and hot, no difference.
As far as I know, Configuration.h is properly set up.
I've tried plugging the stepper and driver into the E1 slot instead of E0, did not work.
EEPROM is disabled due to it causing some problems in the past

Any suggestions?
Re: Extruder motor not responding
July 27, 2015 01:25PM
I don't know Repetier, but some firmwares have a "cold extrusion prevention" feature (which you can often disable using the M302 command), and some require a tool (i.e. print head) to be selected using a T command before you can extrude.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 28, 2015 08:26AM
The cutoff temp in configuration.h is probably way high above the running temp so it will never let it extrude.

Master Tinkerer
July 28, 2015 03:46PM
I got similar problems with my Prusa i3, using ramps1.4 / arduino mega, and Marlin. I've tested and swapped the extruder motor and wires it moves when testing but doesn't extrude during prints, gonna try deactivating the "PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE" in Marlin and see if that helps. Also The X,Y,and Z all move smoothly & Quietly with pronterface, but again when printing it there is terrible binding comming from the z worm gears and it seems to try and print about 1mm above the print surface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login