Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrusion nice on the right and terrible on the left

Posted by Z171 
extrusion nice on the right and terrible on the left
August 25, 2015 12:29PM
Hi everybody!
I'm finally able, after two years of problems, to print with my new 3d printer (the structure is designed by me).
I printed a model something like 4 times, and i always had problem with the left side of the object.
The extrusion appear waaay thinner here, the edges "goes up" and the model isn't watertight at all on this side...
Here are some pictures :

I also tried to calibrate the bed, but with no results... Please, help me!
Thank you very very very very very much!!!!!!
Anonymous User
Re: extrusion nice on the right and terrible on the left
August 25, 2015 02:40PM
Since you mentioned that you've tried to level the bed with no luck, check and see if your X-Axis is level. Or, it could be that your Z motors are not turning the same amount, hence they are uneven (one side higher) when they move to the next layer. Happened to me once on my Robo, and had to replace the left Z motor. smiling smiley Hope this helps.

Romel
August 25, 2015 04:53PM
just a small problem, I only have one motor in my setup sad smiley

Do you still think that this problem is caused by a non-leveled heated bed?
Thanks for your time!
Anonymous User
August 25, 2015 05:27PM
Oh ok I see.... It's similar to the Solidoodle setup. Well, I guess you're in luck because I had one of those too.... =) I'll help as much as I can... =) Place a leveler tool (or whatever you call those) on the bed when it is on the home position (bed all the way up). Then, lower the bed in 100mm increments, and see if the bubble on the leveler tool moves. From experience with the Solidoodle, the threaded for my Z was slightly bent and was not centered completely on the motor shaft, and so when the bed goes down or up the whole axis traveled crooked, hence one side of my x axis was slightly off (higher) than the other side. Start there and see if that is the issue. If you're certain that it is level all the way when the bed is down, it could be something with the software you're using or the STL files you're trying to print.

One question for you is: Is this happening to every object you're trying to print, or only the one shown in your pic? Might also be worth trying a different print object just to verify.

Romel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 05:57PM by romels33.
August 29, 2015 02:31PM
Thank you very much! You are 100% right! it was all about the z axis! Thank you very much again!!!!
Anonymous User
August 31, 2015 12:56PM
No problem, glad to hear you've pin pointed the issue. Take care.

smileys with beer
September 03, 2015 11:27AM
Is the extruder skipping steps on one side vs the other due to filament tension?

Master Tinkerer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login