Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CURA Printing Same Object

Posted by psneddon 
CURA Printing Same Object
September 10, 2015 09:08AM
I have a strange problem lately. I've been using CURA for a while now with my I3 Rework printer without any issues until recently.

After I print an object ("A") and delete it from the platform I load a new object ("B") on the platform but when I start printing it starts printing the old object ("A") again!

I have to close CURA ans start it up again to print a new object. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 09:41AM by psneddon.
Re: CURA Printing Same Object
September 10, 2015 11:38AM
Hmm. What version are you using?
I switched to slic3r because cura was lacking some options, but try clicking through all the different viewing modes on the plate too see if its "ghosting" somewhere. Also, try individually deleting the object(s)

Master Tinkerer
September 11, 2015 09:09AM
I'm using version 15.04.

I tried looking at the object through the different modes - especially the layers mode - and it only shows the new object I want to print, but still prints the previous object.

I usually print one object at a time and deleting the object and loading a new one doesn't work - still prints last object printed. I remember there's a "clear platform" selection from the drop down menu. I'll check that out later and see.

Otherwise, I'll try re-installing the software and see what happens. Thanks for the reply, though. smiling smiley
September 11, 2015 03:20PM
If Cura can't save the new object (e.g. it doesn't fit), it will save the previous one.

You can tell if an object is good because it shows up in yellow... if it is grey, then it is bad. (You can configure Cura as to what colour is used for "good"... I made the mistake of changing it to grey sad smiley )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login