Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weak infill

Posted by matys292 
Weak infill
November 18, 2015 01:38PM
Hello,

I got issue with infill, it doesnt make it strong as it should.
Bottom layer is perfect with no gaps at all but when i come to infill it looks like extruding is bad.
Please check image.
I use latest stable slic3r!

Thanks for any help !
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.JPG (94.3 KB)
Re: Weak infill
November 18, 2015 04:36PM
Turn up the extrusion width for the infill. I had slic3r do the same thing to me- it was trying to do 0.2mm wide lines with a 0.4mm nozzle.

You have to have "expert" mode turned on, Print Settings> Advanced

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 18, 2015 06:47PM
Have to agree with our dentist, was suspecting too high speed but it really looks like you are not getting enough extrusion for the infill.
November 18, 2015 08:27PM
matys292
I use latest stable slic3r!

Hi, could you add the version number you are using. If people search for a similar problem in the future it will be hard for them to know what the "latest stable" was on November 18th.
November 19, 2015 02:57AM
Hello again,
thanks for all answers. The problem is not with speed i guess cause I already played with speeds and lowered them down few days ago.
Atm im trying to give bigger temperature on nozzle. Now is 190, I'll try 200 or 210 celsiums.

My Slic3r version is 1.2.9.

I attached some images of my settings in print settings --> advanced and speed
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (28.3 KB)
open | download - Capture1.PNG (27.7 KB)
November 19, 2015 03:44AM
I tryed with 180,190,200,210,220 C, and it was same on all temperatures sad smiley
Any other sugesstions? confused smiley
November 19, 2015 04:34AM
Unless you are using a 0.1mm nozzle your problem should be pretty obvious by the settings pics you posted!
How about setting the extrusion width to something that is about 10% - 30% more than your nozzle diameter ? winking smiley
November 19, 2015 04:39AM
Downunder35m
Unless you are using a 0.1mm nozzle your problem should be pretty obvious by the settings pics you posted!
How about setting the extrusion width to something that is about 10% - 30% more than your nozzle diameter ? winking smiley

So i set default extrusion width to 0.4 mm?
November 19, 2015 05:24AM
If you use a 0.4mm nozzle set it to 0.48mm extrusion width.
Reprap Calculator
Seems some explaining is required...
You nozzle can extrude at 0.4mm but that would mean the filament has to come out without being squashed at all - this means weak lines and even weaker layer bonding.
Only if the extrusion width is a certain amount wider than the nozzle diameter the nozzle can actually flatten the extrusion - resulting in a good finnish, proper infill and good layer bonding.
November 19, 2015 06:11AM
Thanks for info and calculator.
But now i setted as you said and its even worst!
Check attached images.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture2.PNG (27.6 KB)
open | download - Capture3.JPG (96 KB)
November 19, 2015 06:47AM
Well, either I talk a different language or you did not read the manual.
Check your screenshot!
You change the default extrusion width to 0.48mm but everything else you set to impossible values!
Setit all to the same or the default to 0.48 and the rest to zero - but DO NOT USE EXTRUSION WIDTH SETTINGS THAT ARE IMPOSSIBLE.
November 19, 2015 07:06AM
In the first settings picture it shows a (too low) perimeter value of 0.2mm, but the perimeters look to be roughly ok. That suggests that the printer had been mis-calibrated to compensate for the too low width setting. Once you start to put the width settings back to normal values the calibration issue will result in over extrusion. I'd recommend setting all of the extrusion settings to the same value (which has to be bigger than your nozzle diameter) and then recalibrating the e steps to get correct extrusion.
November 19, 2015 07:36AM
Ok, I didnt understand it at the first time, but now i changed all to the same.
And guess what? problem is not solved sad smiley
My printer is calibrated and its very precise but i got problem with this perimeters dont know why confused smiley

Please help!
Attachments:
open | download - Capture5.JPG (120.9 KB)
open | download - Capture4.JPG (60.8 KB)
November 19, 2015 08:02AM
You have to calibrate the extruder, not just the X, Y, and Z steps per mm. Inf act, the extruder should be calibrated BEFORE the X, Y , and Z are calibrated. When you calibrate the extruder, if you want good, predictable, repeatable results, you have to measure the filament diameter. That is done by measuring it in 20-30 places over at least a few meters and calculating the average value. Use that average value when you slice the calibration test object. I've been printing for 2+ years almost daily and have only recently had a filament spool where the average filament diameter was 1.75mm. Differences of a few 1/100th of a mm in filament diameter make a visible difference in print quality.

I like the calibration method here: [reprap.org]

Pay particular attention to the E steps fine tuning section.

You haven't posted it, but did you set the correct nozzle diameter in slic3r?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 22, 2015 05:53AM
Also try setting all the advanced settings to 0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login