Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PETG extrusion issues

Posted by drm 
drm
PETG extrusion issues
November 25, 2015 11:56AM
Hello,

I'm using PETG from eSun to print multiple parts on my reprap printer. For some reason, the flow of media from the extruder appears "rough" or "intermittent" in the middle of the print bed when I print a large batch of parts.

See the attached photo. If anyone has thoughts as to the cause (and a possible solution), this would be a significant help.

Thanks!
--Donn
Attachments:
open | download - multi_part_print.jpg (354 KB)
Re: PETG extrusion issues
November 25, 2015 04:05PM
my guess is a slight bow in the bed causing the hotend to be coloser to the heatbed.
drm
November 25, 2015 05:25PM
Appreciate the response. (And, this makes sense.)

It appears that the print is succeeding--I'd been concerned that if may fail early on--so, I guess it's just something that I'll live with for the time being.

Thanks!
November 25, 2015 08:20PM
I was fighting similar issues with nylon.
The bed was perfect enough but still there were those lines that look like they had bubbles in them and totally rough surface.
All plastics that do a lot of expanding and shrinking need perfectly calibrated settings!
But the most important factor for me was not to trust the automatic line width settings!
With badly shrinking plastic you need a perfect bond between layers and lines on the same layer.
So manually setting the extrusion width to something that is close to the limit fixed it for me.
I use a 0.3mm nozzle most of the time and set the extrusion to 0.42mm, everthing below or automatic and the nylon messes up.
November 26, 2015 05:14AM
PETG does not shrink much, there is less warping than I had with PLA.

Like it had been mentioned, I put my money on to small z-height ( caused by bed irregularity )
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login