Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gaps in bottom layer

Posted by croak3r 
Gaps in bottom layer
December 24, 2015 05:10PM
Hi, i just got my prusia i3 printer last week and the quality is great apart from the bottom layer where there are loads of gaps between each line of plastic. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue?

Thanks
Re: Gaps in bottom layer
December 24, 2015 05:46PM
Make sure that the first layer is adequately squished.

What slicer do you use?
In slic3r you set the first layer extrusion width, which should be like %200.

Master Tinkerer
December 24, 2015 07:26PM
As said the first layer needs to be squished. So one thing that can help with this is to lower your Z axis height (end stop adjustment) or make the machine extrude more on the first layer as Montiey said.
December 24, 2015 08:03PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm using Cura at the moment and my extrusion width is only set at 100%, so i'l try 200 tommorow and see if that fixes it.
December 24, 2015 08:05PM
uh...
Extrusion width for the whole print? you only want the first layer to be affected.

Master Tinkerer
December 25, 2015 02:09AM
Either lower your layer height or raise your Extrusion Multiplier in Printer Settings until gaps are filled with minimum squish on the edges.
December 26, 2015 10:20AM
Montiey
uh...
Extrusion width for the whole print? you only want the first layer to be affected.
Sorry should have been more specific, the initial layer is set to 100% and Cura has a setting to change the initial layer specifically.
December 26, 2015 10:24AM
okay, try that.

Master Tinkerer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login