Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice to print cleaner objects

Posted by thebatfink 
Advice to print cleaner objects
December 30, 2015 09:27AM
Hi. Wondering if anyone has some advice to further tidy up my prints. I've calibrated and gone through the calibration guide from the wiki. I stopped at oozebane test (which I think is the problem with my print in the images). I stopped because in repetier / slic3r I can't find the options it is talking about for doing the calibration for ooze.

I think what is happening is when it moves the ooze from the nozzle is catching on the print as it meets the perimeter and just builds up from there. Generally is only an issue on larger prints.

I find I start to see ooze as soon as the hot end has heated up (it especially causes me problems at the beginning of a print because whilst it waits for the 30 seconds or so warming before printing it causes a blob which is really tricky to get off whilst the head is moving. It comes out in a string but I guess static or something causes it to curl up onto the hot end and make a small blob.

Geeetech Rostock G2S Delta printer
PLA
200 degrees hot end with hotbed at 55 degrees
Hot end fan running constantly
Latest version of repetier / slic3r GCode attached (zipped because of upload size limits)
I'd reduced the feed rate on repetier manual control to 70 during printing

Thanks for any help!
Attachments:
open | download - Clip Side small.jpg (219.6 KB)
open | download - Clip Top small.jpg (441.1 KB)
open | download - Geeetech_carraige_holder_v1.zip (101.2 KB)
Re: Advice to print cleaner objects
December 30, 2015 09:00PM
Looks like over extrusion with nowhere for the excess to go. If you're fairly certain of the extrusion calibration you might be running into the slic3r gap fill bug. Setting gap fill speed to 0 in the speeds section disables gap fill and would let you test if that's the problem, but can cause other issues, like gaps where you really don't want them.
Re: Advice to print cleaner objects
January 03, 2016 11:26PM
Looks like just lack of retraction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login