Strange ripple on only x axis

Posted by Rooski 
Re: Strange ripple on only x axis
April 21, 2016 03:31AM
Ripple Eliminator

[www.thingiverse.com]

April 21, 2016 06:19AM
Just use the Silentstepstick and they will be gone. Btw with these the noise is although gone.
April 21, 2016 02:34PM
Kev0
Just use the Silentstepstick and they will be gone. Btw with these the noise is although gone.

Can you use the SilentStepStick directly on the RAMPS board? I've read that you need to solder a few wires to enable the spreadCycle mode. Would there be any commercial units with the required modifications?
April 21, 2016 02:58PM
Its totally easy to wire the config, just one wire across the cfg1 pin to GND . Just search for the documentation of the silentstepstick.
You may use 24V since then the drivers will run smother and with less noise.
April 21, 2016 03:35PM
Kev0
Its totally easy to wire the config, just one wire across the cfg1 pin to GND . Just search for the documentation of the silentstepstick.
You may use 24V since then the drivers will run smother and with less noise.

I had ordered the ones on the link . In the explanation, they only tell you to remove microstepping jumpers and install the driver. Would that work or should I remove the cfg1 header and solder it to the ground?
April 21, 2016 11:14PM
As you said, remove your jumpers on the board, dont solder cfg1-3 pins on the driver (remove them with pliers before soldering), and cross a wire from cfg1 to gnd.
April 22, 2016 04:41AM
They come pre-soldered I think but heating with soldering iron should allow me to remove them.
April 22, 2016 08:32AM
That 1A current seems pretty limiting - even my nema14s take more than that. I guess you could shop around for high impedance motors with lower current ratings and run them at 24V.
April 22, 2016 08:43AM
Its not 1 A! Just search before complaining about.
Its 1.2 A RMS wich equals about 1.7 A Imax
April 22, 2016 08:58AM
The vendor in the provided link states 1A max. It's unusual for a vendor to under sell their product so I took it at face value, but you are right, the chip data sheet states 1.7A motor current per coil. Which compares to the 2.5A rating on a drv8825 costing $2. They still look a little under powered to me, especially for the price. Do you sell them or just like them a lot?
April 22, 2016 09:24AM
I just like them a lot since they solved my issue, and btw the noise is gone.
May 05, 2016 07:01AM
@jamesK

did you solve the problem? i am having a similar issue

reprap forum
May 05, 2016 07:04AM
ekaggrat
@jamesK

did you solve the problem? i am having a similar issue

reprap forum

When I was using DRV8825 with an ungeared extruder the problem was much reduced when I added the inline diodes as per [cabristor.blogspot.ca]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login