Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error:Thermal Runaway, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed

Posted by Wesley_125 
Error:Thermal Runaway, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed
February 21, 2016 05:19PM
hi every one after alot of changes to the printer and adding auto leveling every thing started to work and run smooth. i was finally happy that i could say the changes finally paid of. But now when i,m printing, sometimes after 5 mins sometimes if its just 10 mins left i get this:

repetier host Error:Thermal Runaway, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed

then the printer stops i can't seem to find the problem i did not change the settings at aduino that involves my bed so idk know..

i searched alot on google. some say it has to do with the noise of the fan? could this be it? i have 4 fans one cooling print one cooling extruder one cooling powersupply and one cooling the arduino board. the one cooling the extruder is directly connected to the arduino board. the one cooling the print is connected whit a jst connector and the one one the power supply and cooling the arduino board is connect directly to the power supply. can this be it or are there other problems i'm searching for 3 days like crazy now and can't find it it's driving me insane please help ..
Re: Error:Thermal Runaway, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed
February 21, 2016 08:08PM
I would check your thermistor on the bed is still attached well. This error is normally that the thermistor has gotten loose, the controller notices its heating and the bed isnt getting hot enough and stop before the house burns down.
February 21, 2016 09:37PM
If your print cooling fan is too aggressive, it can lower the temperature of the bed enough that the controller thinks that there's a problem. I've had this happen with just a weak fan blowing across the build plate. You can fiddle with the alarm settings in the firmware to do with thermal runaway, or lower the speed of your print cooling fan.
February 22, 2016 02:17AM
As Dust said; check the hardware first, a faulty connection on a heater cartridge, bad solder points on a heat bed, damaged sensor or cables...
But you should be able to monitor the temp during the print - there you should be able to see if it bed or hotend, also if it is getting too hot or too cold.
A very sudden spike either way usually shows connection problems.
February 22, 2016 02:26PM
oke i will check that thanks alot i will get back
March 02, 2016 03:55PM
I see no spikes.. The thermistor is still connected well. I searched alot but can't find the cause of this problem.
March 04, 2016 09:45AM
If thermostat wires are run too close to certain powered wires there can be cross talk that will cause thia
March 08, 2016 11:00AM
Maybe the MINTEMP is set too low in your firmware.

The rest of the thermal settings will also cause problems. Nebbian mentioned a fan that may be pointing at the bed.. There is a value for the maximum deviation from the set temp called hysteresis or something like that. To the best of my knowledge, it determines when the bed does not respond to more/less heating power correctly, indicating a loose thermister, etc. This is a good feature, but if there is not enough tolerance a weak heater or a sudden draft can cool the bed unexpectedly and below the set value.

Do you have the Arduino firmware files on hand? If not, you could change the values in EEPROM, and then again, if not, you will need to configure a fresh Marlin file so you can modify the settings in the Arduino files.

Master Tinkerer
September 24, 2016 11:22AM
Hi Wesley_125, same thing happened to me. How could you fix it? Thanks a lot
March 31, 2017 03:07AM
I also had the same problem.
During auto leveling the temperature may rise and an error may occur when the hot end passes through the thermistor of the heat bed.
I got a bed temperature of plus 5 degrees. After raising the temperature, running the auto level went well.

私も同じ問題が起こった。
オートレベリング中にホットエンドがヒートベッドのサーミスタを通過するときに温度が上昇しエラーが発生するのかもしれません。
ベッドの温度をプラス5度温度を上げてからオートレベルを実行すると上手くいきました。
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login