Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No extruded plastic every x centimetres

Posted by tristann 
No extruded plastic every x centimetres
February 25, 2016 12:34AM
What could this be for a problem? It shows on all layers.

Then I have some issues with my y-axis, the first layer goes good (except the problems in the picture) the when she moves to the beginning of the second layer an offset of 2mm-1cm happens. this keeps happening to all adjacent layers. Skipping steps is not the issue, the pulley got a second tightening bearing. so that is also not an issue.

Truly yours,
Tristan
Attachments:
open | download - 20160225_013434(1).jpg (343.5 KB)
Re: No extruded plastic every x centimetres
February 25, 2016 02:15AM
The no extruded plastic is probably due to your extruder gear having some chewed up filament in it, it not being concentric with the shaft, or not enough pressure on the idler wheel.

Not sure about the offset without seeing more pictures.
February 25, 2016 08:51AM
It is probably plastic dust accumulated in the drive gear. Fix the immediate problem by cleaning it out. If the extruder jams, the drive gear will often chew a divot in the filament (creating the dust that's causing your immediate problem) and it will lose grip. This is an indication that the pinch wheel pressure on the filament is too low. The pinch wheel pressure (spring tension) should be very high so that the teeth of the drive gear bite deeply into the filament. If the hot-end jams, the extruder motor should start skipping instead of chewing a divot into the filament.

Next problem- what's causing the hot-end to jam?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 25, 2016 10:26AM
Thanks for the replies. Made it tighter and now it works gud. How do you clean your filament before entry? Just wrap it in a towel and ziptie? this is what I do.
On the other hand Clogging could be caused by my shitty plastic (still figuring it out). Well then, enjoy yourselves.

but not too much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login