Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 - Y axis slow response

Posted by Danikin 
Prusa i3 - Y axis slow response
March 01, 2016 02:55PM
Hi everyone,

i'm new in the 3D printing world and after 2 days of reading stuff i can`t find a solution to my problem.

i'm trying to calibrate my las axis Y, but when i try to home it, it takes a couple of second in begin to move and it moves 10mm aprox.

i've tried to invert the endstop, invert the motor but nothing seems to work.

Saludos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 03:21PM by Danikin.
Re: Prusa i3 - Y axis slow response
March 02, 2016 06:38PM
When posting questions, please include at least machine type and firmware.

This behavior can occur when you have a normally-closed endstop that is not properly connected, so the machine thinks the endstop is always triggered. Some machines are configured to move to the endstop quickly, back off a little, and then hit the endstop again more slowly to get a more precise position. When this symptom is exhibited, only the backing-off movement occurs.
March 02, 2016 08:20PM
IMBoring25
When posting questions, please include at least machine type and firmware.

This behavior can occur when you have a normally-closed endstop that is not properly connected, so the machine thinks the endstop is always triggered. Some machines are configured to move to the endstop quickly, back off a little, and then hit the endstop again more slowly to get a more precise position. When this symptom is exhibited, only the backing-off movement occurs.

oh sorry, was a folger tech prusa i3 with the last marlin firmware.

at the end all my movement problems were Vref. but still got the X- axis motor to overheat.

i guess i'll keep reading grinning smiley, thanks for the answer.

Regards

it looks promising

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2016 08:44PM by Danikin.
March 31, 2016 11:34PM
What was the price of that printer? Check the Y axis bearings for free movement and alignment
April 01, 2016 07:34AM
Roger123D
What was the price of that printer? Check the Y axis bearings for free movement and alignment

378 USD. and is all good now, i fixed the movements and the overheating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login