Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pitting on Outer Walls? Please help! look at pictures!

Posted by siderala 
Pitting on Outer Walls? Please help! look at pictures!
March 02, 2016 09:30AM
so I have had to move my printer to the garage, since then I have noticed a significant increase in what im calling Pitting. I cannot pinpoint exactly what is causing this but one issue I can visually see is while the perimeter is being layed down. sometimes during a lap around the object the nice, smooth, free flowing bead of plastic will abruptly stop, or dribble might be better term, for a couple MM then will continue like nothing happened.
here is an example of what I am talking about. on the piece as a whole i think it looks decent.

but this is a better view of where the problem is showing

im mostly just printing for fun and dont really care about minor marks like this. but when im printing something and want it to be strong or reliable, it seems to create weak spots and if it ever breaks or splits, it tends to be at one of these spots.
but like i said. its not for the whole layer. just a small section. its not repeating and seems to be random.

any help would be great!
thank you
Re: Pitting on Outer Walls? Please help! look at pictures!
March 02, 2016 10:04AM
moisture in the filament, you need to dry it. And I think you have some under extrusion, might be that you need to measure the filament width and adjust the settings in the slicer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2016 10:06AM by Frans@France.
March 02, 2016 10:10AM
hmm first ive heard of that. any tips on best way to dry?

thanks for taking the time to answer
March 02, 2016 10:26AM
depends on the plastic, in the datasheet there will some info about it. Normally something like x hours at x C. My ABS needs 2-4 hours @80C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login