Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Motor Not Moving

Posted by Jacob 
Extruder Motor Not Moving
March 07, 2016 09:23PM
I'm using Ramps 1.4 and Marlin 1.1.0-RC3. I have not modified the configuration.h file. My extruder motor will move if I plug it into the Y pins, but I can't manually extrude and it does not extrude when I try to run a print when plugged into E0.
Re: Extruder Motor Not Moving
March 07, 2016 09:49PM
If the hot-end isn't hot the extruder motor won't turn.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 07, 2016 10:09PM
It was 200C when I tried. It doesn't move when hot, when printing, and it won't move if I allow cold extrudes by sending M302.
March 07, 2016 10:31PM
Try swapping driver modules and see if the problem follows the one that is now driving the extruder motor.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 08, 2016 08:39AM
Do you get any error messages in the serial monitor / terminal? If not, then like Digital said there is probably an electrical problem. Swap everything and anything to see if there is any pattern to the problem. Does the extruder turn by hand? There may also be a blockage or jam.

Master Tinkerer
March 08, 2016 08:39AM
Do you get any error messages in the serial monitor / terminal? If not, then like Digital said there is probably an electrical problem. Swap everything and anything to see if there is any pattern to the problem. Does the extruder turn by hand? There may also be a blockage or jam.

Master Tinkerer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login