prusa i3 printing issue
March 20, 2016 04:45AM
Hey guys! I gotta problem with my printer that I'm having trouble figuring out. It's being very intermittent. I use the greg wade extruder and I just recently swapped out all the printed parts with new ones. I also swapped out my old a4988 stepper drivers to drv8825 drivers on the Z and E axis. I doubled my steps in the marlin config just so you know. Anyways.. I've been getting terrible quality on the perimeter of the print job. I also noticed the extruder is making strange squeaky sounds at times as if it's grinding against something. Hard to gauge what it is though. Please see attached picture. Any ideas. It's driving my crazy. I'm trying to wrap up the printed parts for my MPCNC build. I've been putting a lot of hours on this thing recently and the quality is diminishing. Thanks in advance for any help!

David
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_3351 (1).JPG (459.2 KB)
Re: prusa i3 printing issue
March 21, 2016 07:16AM
Check your filament diameter, and maybe calibrate your esteps.
Also try changing temperatures. Sometimes different hotends need slightly different temps.

Master Tinkerer
Re: prusa i3 printing issue
March 22, 2016 08:44AM
Thanks for getting back Montiey! After tinkering with settings and adjustments I had two problems working against me. My Z axis rods were out of sync and I was extruding the PLA too hot. I bumped down my temps from 205 to 190 and fixed the Z axis, and all is good again. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login