Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not printing the right size

Posted by msaeger 
Not printing the right size
March 23, 2016 11:18PM
I am finding my parts are printing too small and can't see to get it fixed. I am trying to make the MPCNC Allted released on thingi [www.thingiverse.com] and I am finding the parts are way too tight. I am off about .6 mm on the outside and inside when I print a tube such as the parts to attach the machine to a table so the piece of conduit won't fit in there without a ton of sanding.

I have checked when I move X and Y 100mm it moves 100mm. I have a .6 mm nozzle and when I print a single wall I get .6mm

I have tried messing with the extrusion multiplier and saw no change.

The only thing that seems to change anything is re-sizing in repetier host.

What's the fix for this? I am searching and trying everything I can find with no success.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Re: Not printing the right size
March 24, 2016 04:19AM
You might get a single wall of 0.6mm but in normal printing your extrusion width will always be higher.
No fit at all means you are extruding too much, so a decent calibration for infill, perimeters and extrusion multiplier would be a good starting point.
March 24, 2016 06:48AM
so you printed calibration cubes ie 20mm x 20mm x20mm you know if theres anything wrong with your axis, use the prusa calculator to work out what adjustments you need to make in the firmware

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
March 24, 2016 11:56AM
Also what material? When I'm using ABS, I've found it shrinks so I have to compensate by scaling the part or temporarily modifying my steps per mm by 102%
March 28, 2016 10:56PM
Thanks for the replys I am back finally. I hadn't actually tried a 20x20 cube for a while. At one point I was getting 20mm but now I am also short about .4mm - .6mm in the X and Y dimensions. Is this the Prusa calculator you mean? [prusaprinters.org] What part would I be using for this? I just see steps per mm and layer height.

The only extrusion calibration I have done is steps per mm I didn't know there were any others I will google that and see what I can find.

I am seeing the issue with ABS and PLA.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login