Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M999/Printing Firmware

Posted by Noxaj113 
M999/Printing Firmware
April 13, 2016 02:58AM
Hello, as a user To the Prusa I3 Mendel. I downloaded Marlin software for the program specifically programmed for the Prusa I3 itself
The exact download link: [reprap.pt]
After using Arduino to compile and update my printer, the printer set of its safeguard and creating a really irritating noise. Under the harsh environment I opened printer face and tried connecting to the printer. The following message included the M999 problem and didn't allow me to control the printer. Under the M999 problem it had told me the printers heat bed and extruded had reached its limits and shut itself off. I looked at the specifications of the printer and realised the printer can only handle 250• extruded and 80• heat bed, after once again changing the firmware with appropriate measurements, the printer still allowed itself to be in the situation of the M999 problem. I'm stuck and have searched it up multiple times but can not get an appropriate solution. Any help would be necessary thank you.

I'm new to 3D printing but have understood the basics, I apologies if I do not understand the complexity.
also wondering if Sprinter is good and should be used.
Re: M999/Printing Firmware
April 14, 2016 06:08PM
Sounds like the thermistors are having issues. Make sure the thermistors are connected and are not shorted or anything. The temperature of the hot end and heated bed should be about 20C when starting the machine.
April 14, 2016 09:12PM
the thermistors are all connected the problem occurred once I installed Marlin onto it, it was fine before then
April 16, 2016 05:20PM
Make sure that you have configured Marlin to match the board. You need to edit Configuration.h to match your board (see boards.h as well) before compiling.

In Marlin, you probably have the thermistor set to a different connector from what it is physically.
April 16, 2016 09:32PM
what board is defined in your firmware if you've just uploaded it then your board isn't been defined the one you link says board 33 if you go on the geeetech wiki for the board it asks you to define 7

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login