Re: Shifted Layers with No Answers
April 24, 2016 09:13AM
Finally good news in the end smiling smiley
April 27, 2016 04:05PM
Downunder35m
Finally good news in the end smiling smiley

Yes indeed.

I have added problem #32 TB6560 Driver Problems to the Shifted Layers / Offset Layers / Missed Steps Wiki page.
April 27, 2016 10:35PM
By the way: I can now run engravings at 7200mm/min on my Marlin based laser.
This was done by matching the acceleration values to the movement speeds.
Before that the max possible was around 4500mm/min above that lost steps, shifting, rattling noises.

I think it would be really benefitial for a lot of people if someone could design a model for jerk and acceleration checks.
My printer firmware is highly modded to suit my needs and I lost track of all the changes I made so I am not sure if something that causes enough problems and shifting on my machine would be useful for normal users.
For a 3D model to reall bring the machine to the limit it would need at least some these features:
One "S" curved area with the radius changing - like some curls.
Differently long straigths that continue at different angles from gently to almost 180° turns.
The straights or at least some of them need to be long enough so the printer can reach the set top speed.

Someting like a cylinder cut out with some inverted star pattern on the other side should almost be perfect!?
April 27, 2016 11:36PM
Downunder35m
By the way: I can now run engravings at 7200mm/min on my Marlin based laser.
This was done by matching the acceleration values to the movement speeds.
Before that the max possible was around 4500mm/min above that lost steps, shifting, rattling noises.

I think it would be really beneficial for a lot of people if someone could design a model for jerk and acceleration checks.
My printer firmware is highly modded to suit my needs and I lost track of all the changes I made so I am not sure if something that causes enough problems and shifting on my machine would be useful for normal users.
For a 3D model to really bring the machine to the limit it would need at least some these features:
One "S" curved area with the radius changing - like some curls.
Differently long straights that continue at different angles from gently to almost 180° turns.
The straights or at least some of them need to be long enough so the printer can reach the set top speed.

Something like a cylinder cut out with some inverted star pattern on the other side should almost be perfect!?

That's really nice. I want to add a laser at some point for making circuit boards (to remove a layer of paint/resist before etching). Do you have a video if it engraving?

As part of a the post processing suite I've been working on I have also been working on multiple test suites to generate test gcode (every feature needs a test/tuning suite). Several of these focus on acceleration (and there will also be one for tuning jerk / junction deviation). Here is one I used for testing perimeter acceleration. It generates a test tower of the size you indicate, with the number and size of bump-outs that you choose. The tower is printed in sections, each section having one acceleration setting. There is a little bump between sections to indicate where the change is made.

Before I create more test suites I will be adding stuff to the post-processor to calculate segment times based on acceleration (kinematic equations) - this will allow more precise control of several features like pressure compensation, coast-while-retracting, early unretract.

Unfortunately this suite is not near ready to release, but perhaps others will get ideas of what's possible.
April 28, 2016 12:04AM
You can see an older video here.
This was still with old speeds and some glitches in the movement, might do another one tonight to show the currently possible speeds.
But first I have to check if those settings also work fine for detailed vector jobs at half decent speeds without loosing steps.
April 28, 2016 12:58AM
Very nice!
I do like the level of control.
What size line will it do?
What model laser and optics?

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
April 28, 2016 03:30AM
I can do down to 0.05mm lines if I have to at the expense of speed as the CPU is a bit slow to cope with the timing.
Just a dirt cheap chinese K40 with a proper controller and firmware winking smiley
But as said, the above is not the top it can do.
This one was done at 7200mm/min in 62minutes.
Size is 240x180mm.

April 28, 2016 07:15AM
Hi Paul,

That test-suite/post-processor is looking very interesting! Can't wait to get my hands on it smiling smiley
April 28, 2016 09:11AM
I think for most of us it would be overkill as we only need to set up one machine and than just enjoy good prints.
But having a nice collection of STL files to generate really messy (for the hardware) Gcode would reall be nice.
Was thinking of using my latest mods as a base for a tutorial on adjusting acceleration and jerk but it a very complex topic if you can provide real life models and pics of the results and fails.
Not enough time at the moment to spend hours on prints and documentation so it might be a few weeks until I get there.
But I will do a little write up on the basics as a reference.
April 28, 2016 11:34PM
chevellebro1
I wanted to thank everyone for their help with this problem. I figured it out last night! So after replacing nearly electronic, changing motors, wiring, firmware...it turned out to the the TB6560 that was the issue. I should have listened to all the other forums that complain about them. Even though I tried 3 different boards, they were all from the same manufacturer and so the problem was in the cheaply manufactured driver. I upgraded the driver to the 2M542 and it was solved! Sometimes going the cheap route is not the answer. I have ordered two more to replace the Y and Z axis, so glad to have a functioning printer again! My few weeks of frustration was the result of cheap chinese drivers. I hope someone else will read this and learn from my mistakes!

Don't get DD started on cheap parts and printers!!
April 29, 2016 12:49AM
Glad hear.

here is my experience.

The cheap chinese pullys have less cut depth, that can't hold the belt well, The printer might function intermident, Ensure, with the test that the Pulley is good with deep tooth cuts, which is very mandatory.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login