Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inductance probe logic detection on ramps 1.4

Posted by dbeck002 
Inductance probe logic detection on ramps 1.4
May 10, 2016 09:51AM
Hello,

I googled this issue, where the inductance probe shows triggered/open almost randomly on pronterface. No matter what I do, LED on or off, on the probe, the M119 command sends me back inconsistent results. Nothing was perfectly clear as to why this was happening when I searched. I thought at first it was my resistors, maybe I wasnt giving the ramps enough voltage to see the high position. I am at 4.4v hi and about 0.4v low, this should be enough for ramps logic. I measured with voltmeter and the sensor works. I am not sure why my ramps isnt picking it up consistently. Some people say its the probe malfunctioning, other searches turn up that the ramps is fried, and I also read somewhere that the pullup resistor option in the config.h file needs to be commented out. I honestly dont ever remember commenting this out on my other build, and that build works fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
Re: Inductance probe logic detection on ramps 1.4
May 10, 2016 11:41AM
You could use a relay. Have the probe power the relay and use the switch contacts for the endstop connection. I'm using one on my Wilson II and it works fine. If there is any delay caused by the relay switching, it doesn't appear to affect it. The one I'm using: [www.amazon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login