Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clearance between printing lines.

Posted by Vandaliux 
Clearance between printing lines.
May 29, 2016 08:54AM
hi guys, I have some trouble.. When I printing, I got clearance between lines, I can see that on repetier after slicing, the same happening on actual print.. it is driving me crazy! when I try to print something bowl shape, lines does not stick to each other but just dripping down on the printing table.

here is some photos:

[www.flickr.com]
Re: Clearance between printing lines.
May 29, 2016 12:16PM
Can you post the stl and g-code? It might simply be that the bowl had too great an overhang to be printable without support, but I can't quite figure out the shape yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 12:18PM by JamesK.
May 29, 2016 12:38PM
It is sometimes a problem to get the settings right, especially for perimeters.
Consider this as an example:
If you have a wall thickness of 2.2mm and an extrusion width of 0.4mm the slicer has to find a way to get the primeter lines within these specs.
4 times 0.4 is 2mm, so the missing 0.2mm need to be gap fill unless the slicer can produce slightly thicker extrusions here.
It can be even worse for thinner walls especially if the remaining gap is slightly under the normal extrusion width.
I found things work best when gap fill is enabled and the sum of the perimeter extrusion is just under the desired wall thickness.
May 29, 2016 07:20PM
Awesome explanation! thank you so much!
May 30, 2016 12:13AM
You're welcome!
Just play around with the slicing settings for gap fill and perimeters - if you see a gap in the preview then you will have one in the print as well.
Often it also helps for smaller things to use a lower layer height so the width can be increased to match but of course only within the physical limits of the nozzle diameter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login