Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best 24v board? Using Bondtech QR

Posted by dbeck002 
Best 24v board? Using Bondtech QR
June 10, 2016 12:28AM
Hey! Whats the best 24v system?

I am using a bondtech QR extruder and I contacted bondtech regarding some issues i had with the extruder ( I have more than one) and they said I should run a 24v supply to the drivers to get the full power of the geared extruder. I was thinking of switching to RAMBO but it is expensive (I need more than 1) and I had my eyes on RUMBA. Do any of you guys have any other suggestions? I am currently running ramps/arduino on 12v and its just not cutting it for this beast extruder.
Re: Best 24v board? Using Bondtech QR
June 10, 2016 12:02PM
A Duet. USA source: [www.filastruder.com]
June 11, 2016 07:53PM
Thank you very much. I like the duet because it is 32 bit. And less expensive. I do need to know a few things. Can i use auto bed leveling with this board? Is there firmwarw support? I noticed dc42 is latest firmware. I will need to know if i can edit firmware and make adjustments as i do now in marlin.
June 11, 2016 08:46PM
There is a auto bed leveling with reprap firmware in fact is one of the best. The support is small for reprap firmware but have active user and DC42 is always active and ready to help with firmware, same with dan newman who port it on the radds board. The firmware is really easy to edit no need to flash everytime , you flash one time and edit a .txt with settings you want in the sd card.

for the board there 2 choice for reprap firmware, the duet ( many version) or the radds, duet is a all in one board and the radds is the modular one attach to a arduino due with removable stepper driver

The duet so far is only reprap firmware ( unless someone port another firmware and im not aware) and the radds is reprap firmware/marlin/repetier

Each board have they pros and cons check them out both, the list is kinda too long to list here and cons for me maybe a pros for someone else ( ex: solder in 1/16 driver, that a cons for me but some like that)
June 12, 2016 02:26AM
Thank you for the input GroupB.

How do I get in touch with DC42 and the reprap firmware community? I will be needing a lot of support if I wish to convert all my machines to Duet on 24v. If you could point me in the best direction it would be very helpful thank you again.
June 12, 2016 06:34AM
dbeck002
Thank you for the input GroupB.

How do I get in touch with DC42 and the reprap firmware community? I will be needing a lot of support if I wish to convert all my machines to Duet on 24v. If you could point me in the best direction it would be very helpful thank you again.

There is a whole section on these forums dedicated to all things Duet. [forums.reprap.org]

DC42 is a regular contributor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login