Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layer misalignment or shifting???

Posted by athul 
Layer misalignment or shifting???
June 22, 2016 03:24AM
Hi,

I was getting reasonably good quality prints from my 3d printer. Yesterday I printed a pretty large model with lots of support(0.2 mm layer cura slicer also tried slicer). It was a 25 hour print and at the middle of the print I noticed some layer misalignment or shifting(not sure which is). But I didn't tried to adjust anything since I didn't want to mess it up even more. But the finished print has lots of misalignment or shifting problems especially in area of solid layers. I printed another part which only has few supports(0.1 mm layer), it turned out good, no problems, then I tried a belt buckle with support which also has lots of layer misalignment or shifts. So i think this issue only happens when there's lots of supports. I re-tightened belts and slightly increased motor current for X and Y, after the first print.
images
Any idea what causing it?
Re: Layer misalignment or shifting???
June 22, 2016 11:20AM
Your stepper motor drivers are either getting hot, or getting just a tiny bit not enough current.

When printing, monitor their temperature with a thermocouple. If they are cold, slightly increase the current. If they are hot, add some heatsinks and cooling fan.

DYZE DESIGN
Hotends, Extruders, Liquid Cooling and Accessories.
Re: Layer misalignment or shifting???
June 24, 2016 06:09AM
I tightened the belt and increased current, but I don't think that's the issue

Actually my nozzle was dragging the supprot when I was printing, So I thought may be I'm over extruding.

I checked E_steps
Tried to extrude 100mm but to my surprice it didn't
I had to change my E_steps from 90.95 to 98.02 to give 100mm

If 90.95 had dragging 98,02 definitely have more dragging,

So what could be the issue?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login