Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Diamond Hotend Multi Material

Posted by deaconfrost 
Diamond Hotend Multi Material
June 26, 2016 04:42PM
anyone using Diamond Hotend with different material other than just multi color?

in theory it should be no problem, since on color change without mixing is done, material change without mixing should be ok by the looks of things

I'm looking to be able to use PVA in one extruder for supports and the others for the actual model
Re: Diamond Hotend Multi Material
June 26, 2016 10:59PM
Don't see why it wouldn't work if the extrusion temperatures are compatible, but where you change for solubility or not you'd have to make sure you get a good purge.
June 27, 2016 03:13AM
I'm using a Diamond hot end but I haven't actually tried different materials. However, it is on my list of things to try but my ageing, creaking Mendel variant is busy printing parts for a new printer that I'm planning.

You are right in your assumption that it is perfectly possible. If you look at the drawing of the Diamond you'll see that the "mixing chamber" is 0.4mm diameter x 2 mm long so it doesn't take much to purge. As well as support materials, some of the ideas I have is to use exotic filaments for perimeters and standard cheap PLA for infill. Also, maybe try using electrically conductive filament to lay down tracks within the object being printed. There are a lot of possibilities................
June 27, 2016 02:53PM
PVA seems to print in similar temp as PLA, I will give that a try when I get the diamond setup and dialed in, I mixed 3 mountings in to one piece for the diamond to mount on an i3 if anyone interested

Diamond Hotend mount with capacitive sensor mount and fan duct all in 1 for Prusa i3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login